Over 28 Years Of Experience Serving The People Of Lansing
Jennipher R. Martinez
- Family Law
- Domestic Relations Issues
- Child Custody
- Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
Since 1995, Jennipher R. Martinez has focused her practice on family law, handling domestic relations issues, including divorce, child custody, parenting time, child support, and spousal support (formerly known as alimony) matters. She combines her vast experience with a compassionate, caring, yet aggressive approach to finding solutions for her clients.
The decision to file for divorce is usually a difficult and emotional choice, which also affects a person’s finances, lifestyle, future, and their children. As such, Jennipher frequently uses mediation, collaboration, and negotiation to reach an agreement regarding division of property and issues related to the minor children. She has represented clients who are high-wealth individuals, including cases involving professional athletes, business owners, doctors, and lawyers. Divorces for these types of clients often involve investigation and evaluation of business interests and obligations to ensure assets are divided and distributed equitably.
When a resolution cannot be achieved amicably, Jennipher is equally prepared to vigorously pursue her clients’ rights in the courtroom. Admitted to practice law in Michigan, she regularly appears before judges in the Family Divisions of Ingham, Clinton, and Eaton Circuit Courts.
Jennipher earned her undergraduate degree from Michigan State University and her law degree from the University of Chicago Law School (ranked third in the country), where she was taught by then Professor Barack Obama. For three years, she served as a Guardian Ad Litem in the 30th Circuit Court in Ingham County, Michigan, protecting the rights of children.
Jennipher’s goal in every divorce case is to handle the matter aggressively, yet with compassion. She also aims to provide straightforward advice and counsel that enables her clients to make the best decisions possible for themselves and their children.
- University of Chicago Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Law Degree
- Honors: Juvenile Justice Project, Mandel Legal Aid Clinic
- Honors: Chicago Law Foundation Summer Grant Recipient
- Honors: Intensive Trial Advocacy Workshop
- Michigan State University, James Madison College
- Undergraduate Degree
- Honors: MSU Humanitarian of the Year
- Honors: Ronald McNair Fellowship Program
- Honors: With High Honors, 1992
- Major: Bachelor of Arts in American Public Affairs & Social Relations
- Served as a Guardian Ad Litem in the 30th Circuit Court in Ingham County, Michigan
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Ingham County Bar Association, Co-Chair, Family Law, Present
- Ingham County Bar Association, Family Law, Present
- Ingham County Bar Association, Children's Law, Present
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Certificate of Family Law
- Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan, Present
- American Bar Foundation Fellow
- Michigan State Bar, ADR/Collaborative Committee Member, Family Law
- White Schneider Family Law Section, Chair
- Women Lawyer's Association of Michigan, Mid-Michigan Region
Classes & Seminars Taught
- “Focus on the Children” presenter for Ingham County Friend of the Court
- “Grange Insurance v. Lawrence: How Auto Law Impacts Family Law,” Michigan Association of Justice Family Law Seminar (February 2014)
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Kappa Phi